"Perfect" is the hinderance to done" -advice I remember from a book about blogging.


To get started on this 90 Day European Adventure I signed on to be an "Anglo" in an English Immersion school in Salamanca, Spain. I'll be here a little more than a week. My main job is to have conversations with adult learners in English. (No one is allowed to speak Spanish, including the students when they speak to each other.) And if you know me, you know I'm doing the conversation thing while walking side-by-side with them.


Here's a typical morning schedule for everyone:



My sleep is still a little screwy, first because of the flight and secondly because of the schedule that has us starting dinner at 9:00 (with apologies to the Anglos for it being held so late, and apologies to the Spaniards for it starting so early!) and afterwards we have some group thing that's optional. Last night we had a "quieimada" that lasted til midnight. 

This place is made for me: walking and talking three times a day (and the weather has been gorgeous), delicious meals (2 Anglos/ 2 Spaniards is required at each table), game nights, and someone who cleans my room and makes my bed everyday!  Tonight is our first dance- I think there will be a little hip hop involved. If they had a foosball table here it would be Diane heaven, right??

It's time for the daily siesta- two hours of free time- and I'll publish this without looking for perfection. I could use a nap! 

PS- Let me know if you have any questions via the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment